30 pounds down

30 pounds down
Size 16--Size 8

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Running a 5K and my "bucket list"

I have long wanted to run a 5K, specifically the Race for the Cure, in memory of my mother. I usually walk this race yearly, but have always wanted to run (It's been on my "bucket list" for 17 years). A "bucket list" (named after movie) is a list of things that you want to do before you "kick the bucket". So, when I started exercising last September, I had this a one-year goal. I remember my early days at the gym, I could barely jog at all, let alone for 20 seconds on the treadmill. I have improved this, but not making much progress toward the 5K goal.
Several of the girls in the office are doing "Couch to 5K" and have had good success. I downloaded the podcasts yesterday, and did the first program tonight. I think that one is supposed to be able to do a 5K in 6 weeks with this program. We'll see. Maybe I'll stick with the program, maybe not. I've really tried to be hitting it hard as I totally slacked off during June.
Also bought a cheapie bike today and went for a ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment