30 pounds down

30 pounds down
Size 16--Size 8

Friday, December 7, 2012

Yes, I am a nerd :)

I am a list maker. I have been since I was little. Once I ran across a list I made when I was seven. It was a list of things to do at my grandma's house and included things such as "play in old chicken house" or "look at old coins". The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. My mom was a list maker and my eldest, at the age of 9 is showing tendencies, too, though he keeps track in his head. Some people call this anal retentive or crazy, I call it a way to maintain sanity in a crazy world :) I get a big satisfaction crossing things off of my "to do" list. I've even been known to write stuff down that I've already done just so I can cross it off! In the pre-smart phone era/pre palm-pilot era, my ex was given the equivalent of a Dayrunner at his job. It was some corporate push to increase productivity. He brought the binder home and gave it to me, saying "you are going to love this". It brought list-making to the extreme. One could make a list and then prioritize with an A or B, and then further prioritize with a number. Therefore item A1 was more important than B9. Then, one could block off time to complete these tasks. Wow! How exciting! In addition to fueling my list addiction, this binder turned me onto goal setting: a perfect marriage of list mania and number crunching. I could now make a list of things to accomplish...and then measure how well (and how fast) I did it. I am at the 2 month point in CrossFit. I love it. I constantly feel the need to quantify what I am doing. In fact, on my enrollment paperwork, I noted that CrossFit was cheaper than a tummy tuck. At $100 a month, I can do CrossFit for 60 months vs. a $6000 tummy tuck. A couple of weeks ago, I took some baseline measurements and set a goal to lose 1" from my waist. I am happy to announce that I have lost 1/4" a week for a total of 1/2" gone from my waist. If I continue at the same rate, I'll lose the other 1/2" in two more weeks. However, when I asked the trainer if an inch a month would be a reasonable goal, the reply was a joking "you wish :)"...and then he further noted that it is really hard to say as it depends on metabolism. We'll see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment