30 pounds down

30 pounds down
Size 16--Size 8

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

CrossFit Day 1 :)

After my "introductory class" which left me so sore, I couldn't roll over in bed, I signed up for more punishment. That was two weeks ago. I had to take the instruction course which taught the fundamentals of CrossFit. Class met MWF for two weeks. Yesterday was my first day of actual CrossFit class. We ran. Not a good day to NOT have enough time to run home and change into workout clothes. Lucky for me, I had a compression top in my suitcase in my car. I usually wear this top as a swimsuit; I was just getting back in town after spending the weekend at the lake. My time was 17:30 and we had to run 3 segments with a minute rest in between each. I don't know how long the segments were, but the instructor had shortened the lengths to accommodate the class. That's the great thing about CrossFit, if you can't do the workout, it can be adjusted to allow one the benefit of the exercise while allowing one to "work up" to the full amount/exercise/weight, etc. Any how, he told me that since I beat the other participants times, that I will be doing the full length next time. We'll see what tomorrow holds. CrossFit is now daily M-F with a make-up on Saturday. Did go on a short bike ride last night. My rides will most likely be shorter as evening comes earlier....

No comments:

Post a Comment