30 pounds down

30 pounds down
Size 16--Size 8

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My "running" speed? LOL

I'm on week four of Couch to 5K and for grins and giggles I decided to calculate my speed. Eons ago I drove around my block in my ancient Cavalier to see what the distance is. If I remember correctly, 4 times around my block is a mile. The lots on our block are 50' X 150'. That means the length down each side of the block is 300'. The perimeter is 1200', so four times around the block would be 5,800', which is over a mile.
I follow the couch to 5K podcast which is 30 minutes long. Week four consisted of 16 minutes of running split up into two 3-minute segments and 2-5 minute segments. The rest of the time is spent walking (14 minutes). It's impossible to separate the distance run from the the distance walked, so I lumped it all together. I made it around the block 7 times (1 3/4 miles). Plug the time and distance into a calculator and my average speed is 3.5 miles. LOL average walk speed for a woman is 3.0! and for a man is 3.5. I guess I need to pick up the pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment