30 pounds down

30 pounds down
Size 16--Size 8

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Week 5, Day 2 and getting ready for the big run :-)

Did day 2 of week 5 tonight. I didn't wait until midnight either :-) The weather was the perfect running temperature. So yes, O-town, that was me hauling my a$$ around town. ha! Tonight I ran two 8-minute runs, in addition to the walking before and after. At one point I timed my jogging speed on the treadmill at the gym. Seems I jog at about 5.1 to 5.3 mph, so it would take about 12 minutes to complete a mile. I have never been able to run a mile or even a half mile, but tonight I ran a half-mile....TWICE :-) So, day 3 of week 5 will be a 20 minute run. This is going to be a big deal as it will be a little over a mile for me. I sure hope I can do it.

39 days until race day :-)

I'm fundraising for Komen Mid-Kansas Race for the Cure. Click on the link to read my bio or to donate. A big thanks to cousin Catherine for being the first to sponsor.

http://race.komenmidks.org/site/TR/Runs/General?px=1203151&pg=personal&fr_id=1040

No comments:

Post a Comment