30 pounds down

30 pounds down
Size 16--Size 8

Thursday, April 29, 2010

The longest 3 minutes....

So, I've done the math, and if I run (jog?) at a pace of 5.3 mph for 3 minutes, I've done a quarter-mile. And that's what I did today, and I do believe it was the longest 3 minutes ever.
Doing the math....if I continue to jog at this pace, I would need to jog for 12 minutes to run a mile. I've NEVER been able to run AT ALL, even when I was skinny. This seems like a very daunting task.
Furthermore, the 5K that I'd like to run is in October, is roughly 6 months away. Continuing at that rate of speed, I'd need to run for 36 minutes to run a 5K.
What does this mean? It means that I've got a lot of work to do. For the month of May, I'll need to increase from 3 minutes to 6 minutes, and for each month thereafter, will need to increase by another six minutes each month (or 1.5 minute increase each week) OUCH!
I think I can...I think I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment