30 pounds down

30 pounds down
Size 16--Size 8

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Gym today

I had a nice workout at the gym today. It is becoming easier for me to do the 45 minutes of cardio, which includes some running now, even if only for a minute at a time. When i first started this, I was dog tired and would usually come home and fall asleep. I actually am awake and energized at this point. The bad news is that 45 minute of cardio really carves into lifting time. If I were to do EVERYTHING on my list that the personal trainer has set up for me, I'd be at the gym for about 2.5 hours, and i don't have time for that. I usually end up neglecting my core because I tell myself, "Oh, you can just do that when you get home". And typically that doesn't happen.....
Anybody have any suggestions for preventing tightness of the muscle on the front of your shin? When i walk fast/run, it gets so tight that my feet don't move right. I usually have to stop every ten minutes and stretch it out.
I seriously wonder if I will be able to do a 5K in October? Seems like a lot of work.....and only 8 months to go...
Monday I decrease the amount of assist by ten pounds on the gravitron. I'm thinking that I'm not going to be able to do it....it is still difficult for me to complete, although I do finish. I do 15 reps wide grip then rest my arms while I do 15 reps on the multi-hip machine, then I do 15 more reps wide grip....for a total of 3 set of 15 reps wide grip. I also do narrow grip, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment