30 pounds down

30 pounds down
Size 16--Size 8

Thursday, February 4, 2010

back on track at gym...not a graceful gazelle

so, after a crazy period of skiing, bad weather, and being loaned out to an office in a different town, I'm back on track at the gym. Previously I had increased to 45 minutes of cardio as my chiropractor said that if I'm only able to make it to the gym 3 times a week, that I should be doing 45 of cardio instead of 30. What's new is that I've been doing some jogging/running for a portion of the 45 minutes. The trainer at the gym said by alternating in one minute increments hard, intense, and very intense that will confuse the body and increase metabolism. We'll see.....I have to trust her as she is the one with CPT after her name (certified physical trainer). It must be doing something because on my nights that i've been at the gym, i'm so tired that I just fall asleep---which is not a bad thing as I generally don't sleep well.
The funny thing is that I've always been somewhat of a klutz! So to see me on a treadmill is quite funny because I hold on for dear life. There are women there that run/jog and are quite graceful. I look and sound like an elephant--clunk! clunk! clunk! I haven't fallen off the back of the treadmill like some guy did this week....

No comments:

Post a Comment