30 pounds down

30 pounds down
Size 16--Size 8

Friday, January 8, 2010

Fell asleep last night, but have good news!!!

Was intending to blog last night, but i fell asleep...without setting the alarm. I must have been tired....
I went for my weigh-in and measurements with the personal trainer who works at the local gym. I told her that the scales weren't reflecting much weight loss, but that my clothes were looser and I felt better. I have been exercising since Sept 20, 2009. Total weight lost is only 5 pounds BUT have dropped 2 percentage points in body fat %, and have lost 2 inches from bust, and from the waist and hips. I have lost 3/4" from my upper arms, which is where I wanted to lose it the most. The personal trainer was really excited about this, because evidently this is a hard place to lose from. I lost inches everywhere except for my calves, which stayed the same.
My resting heart rate was 68, and they like to see it below 72. This is encouraging because it was at night--and still my resting heart rate was low. She said if I were to measure my pulse in the a.m., it would likely be even lower.
She did a fitness test last night. Let's say that when I first started doing any cardio, my pulse would immedidately jump up to 165. Now, even after 15 minutes of cardio, my pulse is only 130 and I am not winded.
Still, I can't run. This is my next goal. I would like to train for the Race For the Cure in October. It is a 5K. I can't even run a mile! I have 10 months. Do you think I can do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment