30 pounds down

30 pounds down
Size 16--Size 8

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

tightwad things done today?

1) I have resisted the urge to do a load of laundry because it is not a full load
2) I have respected the desires of the programmable thermostat--haven't adjusted it to be warmer...this might change in the next few days as it is supposed to be cold
3) continuing to dry out the coffee grounds
4) made cheap pizza tonight--from scratch. I bought the yeast in bulk SEVERAL years ago and have kept it in the fridge---it is still good. I made the crust, and the ingredients are fairly inexpensive (water, sugar, flour, salt, yeast, and oil). The sauce is made from tomatoes i canned this summer. I cooked down a double batch of tomatoes as I am planning on making lasagna later for dinner guests on Thursday (will they show? depends on the weather...). I seasoned with italian seasonings, which i have in spice jars. These also grow in my yard. Next summer, I should pick/dry the herbs to replenish what i've used. Cheese was block cheese purchased from the local grocery for 88 cents and brick. Cheese stores well in the freezer, by the way. The sausage was purchased on sale and was what was left over from making another recipe.
5) I went by the bank and got log-in credentials so that I can pay bills on-line and avoid postage.

That's about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment