30 pounds down

30 pounds down
Size 16--Size 8

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Tightwaddery and the neighbors...lol

Sooooo.....about a year ago, I was grinding soap for my homemade laundry detergent (see earlier post for recipe) and one of the neighbor kids asked what I was doing, and I said "making laundry detergent", to which he replied "You're supposed to use TIDE and BOUNCE" LOL this kid is an authority on laundry at the age of 7!

Tonight, same kid was over at the house. My eldest requested popcorn. I was making it in a pot on top of the stove and the neighbor kid had never seen this before and suggested I try microwave popcorn....lol

Then the kids were thirsty, so I pulled out the tea. I suggested that they put some ice cubes in their cups since I had just made the tea. The kid was astonished that one could MAKE tea. He said that they always buy it ready made by the gallon.

Speaking of tea, when I made the last batch, I decided to use up some of the froo-froo flavored crap in my cabinets. 2 regular tea bags and 1 flavored. Kids didn't complain, and it'll make my regular tea bags last 30% longer.

My recycled coffee grounds are at 1/2 quart. Once dried, I toss them into a canning jar. I use 3 Tablespoons of coffee per day, so to have 1/2 quart is a lot of used coffee.

Wonder what the neighbors will say when I get my clothesline back up? I kid you not, on a hot summer day in the windy midwest, laundry can dry faster on the line than in a dryer---plus you don't heat up your house by running the dryer.

No comments:

Post a Comment